Links to Children's Rights
Science and Technology promotes children's survival rights and their right to healthcare (Articles 6, 24, 27, 33). Learning also enables children to experience their right to participate, freedom of expression and accurate information (Articles 12, 13 and 17). This area of learning also promotes understanding Article 16, the right to privacy.
What Matters in Science and Technology
1. Being curious and searching for answers is essential to understanding and predicting phenomena.
2. Design thinking and engineering offer technical and creative ways to meet society’s needs and wants.
3. The world around us is full of living things which depend on each other for survival.
4. Matter and the way it behaves defines our universe and shapes our lives.
5. Forces and energy provide a foundation for understanding our universe.
6. Computation is the foundation for our digital world.
Progression in Science and Technology
What does Science and Technology look like in Ty Isaf Infants